Volunteer Fire Brigades Victoria Inc
Volunteer Fire Brigades Victoria Inc is a large-scale charity established in 2008. Their main activity is registered as voluntarism primarily serving general community in australia.
1. To function as a non-profit association whose Members comprise Volunteer Fire Brigades registered by the Country Fire Authority under the Country Fire Authority Act (1958) and its Regulations. 2. To liaise and consult on the operation of the Volunteer Charter in the interests of CFA volunteers about all matters which might reasonably be expected to affect them. The Volunteer Charter is an agreed tripartite commitment between the State of Victoria, the CFA, and CFA Volunteers, committing the State of Victoria and the CFA to consultation with volunteers about all matters which might reasonably be expected to affect volunteers. VFBV represents its Members and CFA Volunteers in that consultation process. 3. To assist in maintaining high morale, ongoing health and welfare of CFA volunteer members and their families 4. Support CFA volunteers experiencing personal financial hardship/crisis by providing small welfare grants that may assist in alleviating stresses impacting on the individuals ability to maintain their involvement as a volunteer. 5. Preserve and strengthen CFAs community and volunteer based foundations by enabling members of CFA brigades to consider and bring to the notice of CFA all matters affecting their welfare and efficiency (other than questions of discipline and promotion). 6. To promote to CFA volunteers the comprehensive support services available to them including but not limited to: legal assistance, OH&S, equity and diversity, counselling and welfare, training, employment support and compensation for accidents, injuries and illness. 7. To develop awareness, respect and support for CFA volunteers and their fundamental and pivotal role in the CFA as a community based, volunteer based fire and emergency service for the people of Victoria. 8. To take any other action as determined by the Association Board consistent with these purposes. 9. To maintain and pursue a balanced focus on issues affecting CFA volunteers across all brigades from all risk profiles.
Who They Help
- General community in Australia
Total employee expenses: $924,177 (45% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $92,418.
Revenue vs Expenses
Volunteer Fire Brigades Victoria Inc has seen an average annual decline of -1% in revenue versus a -2% p.a. decrease in expenses.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Volunteer Fire Brigades Victoria Inc has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.17. This is considered safer than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Samantha Rothman
- Graeme Jilbert
- Board Member
- Howard Smith
- Board MemberPossibly also represents: The Business Concierge Ltd.
- Andrew Cusack
- David Sidebottom
- Board Member
- William Maltby
- Board MemberPossibly also represents: The Trustee For Castlemaine Art Gallery And Historical Museum Foundation, Castlemaine Art Gallery & Historical Museum.
- Adam Barnett
- SecretaryPossibly also represents: The Trustee For VFBV Volunteer Support And Recovery Trust Fund.
- Elizabeth Burnett
- Board Member
- Jan Cleary
- Board Member
- Nevyn Jones
- PresidentPossibly also represents: The Trustee for the Volunteer Fire Fighters Occupational Illnesses (VFFOI) Awareness and Protection Fund.
- Walcott Greg
- Board Member
The Trustee for the Volunteer Fire Fighters Occupational Illnesses (VFFOI) Awareness and Protection Fund
Enabling research and analysis about Volunteer Fire Fighters Occupational Illnesses (VFFOI). Working with volunteer firefighters and members of the p…
The Trustee For Volunteer Fire Brigades Victoria Welfare Fund
This capital Fund offers small grants to CFA volunteers, long serving former volunteers and their families, who are experiencing significant financia…
The Trustee For VFBV Volunteer Support And Recovery Trust Fund
The Trust was established by VFBV in 2009 following the Black Saturday Fires, and was established specifically to support VFBV provide extra assistanc…
Cheltenham Community Centre Inc
We provided community adult education, childcare, health and wellbeing programs, and lunches for vulnerable people. More: www.chelt.com.au…
Melbourne City Mission
Melbourne City Mission is a leading community support organisation working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a br…
Tenants Union Of Victoria Limited
Tenants Victoria promote and protects the rights and interests of all residential tenants in Victoria by providing legal advice and assistance, legal …
Noah's Ark Inc.
Noah's Ark is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Victoria, southern NSW and the ACT. We offer a range of services and programs tha…
Box Hill Rsl Sub Branch Incorporated
-We provided advice, social interaction, counselling and other services for war veterans and their dependants -We provided limited Commemorative Day S…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations are not tax deductible.
- Office Address
Se 9 24 Lakeside Dr
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Incorporated Entity
Other incorporated entity includes an entity that has the same characteristics as a company but is not incorporated as a corporation's law company. This category includes: a branch of an overseas company not incorporated in Australia (often the name ends in corporation) incorporated associations which are incorporated under a State Act incorporated charitable institutions
- community, welfare, volunteers, volunteer, victoria, vic, cfa, country fire authority, fire brigades, non-profit association, Burwood East