Castlemaine Community House Incorporated
Castlemaine Community House Incorporated is a large-scale charity established in 1989. Their main activity is registered as seniors' activities primarily serving adults - aged 65 and over financially disadvantaged people people with chronic illness (including terminal illness) people with disabilities veterans and/or their families females males other charities.
- we provided a shire wide food relief program during the COVID-19 lock downs, delivering over 2000 prepared meals plus grocery packs to households in need - we delivered community lunches feeding around 100 people each week up until COVID-19 lock down started - we delivered a range of programs to support the community, including the 2020 senior citizens festival, computer technical support for senior citizens to address the emerging needs during COVID-19, the No Interest Loans Scheme, free tax advise for people on low incomes and free financial counseling services.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- Victims of disaster
- Victims of crime (including family violence)
- Veterans and/or their families
- Unemployed persons
- Pre/post release offenders and/or their families
- People with disabilities
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- Other charities
- Financially disadvantaged people
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $410,824 (37% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $102,706.
Revenue vs Expenses
Castlemaine Community House Incorporated has seen an average annual growth of 12% in revenue versus a 13% p.a. increase in expenses. This imbalance can sometimes mean a challenge for long-term financial management.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Castlemaine Community House Incorporated has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.41. This is considered about average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Karen Milgrom
The Every Life Matters (ELM) Network
We held events and provided information to our community to enhance prevention and bereavement support, and reduce stigma around suicide…
Castlemaine Historical Society Inc
We acquire, index and preserve historical documents related to the people and places of Mount Alexander Shire We provide research services for family …
Connecting Country (Mount Alexander Region) Inc
Connecting Country's mission is to restore landscapes across the Mount Alexander Region of Central Victoria. We work with local landholders and s…
Friends Of Kalimna Park Inc
Friends of Kalimna Park began in 1971 and have been involved in revegetation, weed clearing, walks and enjoyment of the Park. We defend and promote it…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations are not tax deductible.
- Office Address
30 Templeton St
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Incorporated Entity
Other incorporated entity includes an entity that has the same characteristics as a company but is not incorporated as a corporation's law company. This category includes: a branch of an overseas company not incorporated in Australia (often the name ends in corporation) incorporated associations which are incorporated under a State Act incorporated charitable institutions
- vic, financial services, shire, mount alexander, castlemaine