Murdoch Children's Research Institute
Murdoch Children's Research Institute is a large-scale charity established in 1986. Their main activity is registered as genetics primarily serving early childhood - aged under 6 children - aged 6 to under 15 youth - 15 to under 25 families people with chronic illness (including terminal illness) people with disabilities overseas communities or charities general community in australia.
MCRI undertakes research into infant, child and adolescent health. Research takes place across a range of laboratory work, clinical research and broad population health studies within five main research themes cell biology, clinical sciences, genetics, infection and immunity and population health. Cross-disciplinary research programs bring together research from across themes. Due to its size, MCRI can bring together large teams of researchers to work on related areas to stimulate scientific collaboration, both within MCRI as well as nationally and internationally. Major strategic initiatives include: the Gen V study aimed at improving current standard models of care; development of genomics and personalised medicine to improve child health outcomes; Global Health program to support and implement research addressing health issues of the worlds poorest children; health service research aimed at improving healthcare and education delivery to children; Stem cell medicine program preparing Australia for delivery of human stem cell-based products and clinical practices; and management and operation of a single clinical and community trial precinct to deliver the latest clinical trials and care to children. Further information can be found at https://www.mcri.edu.au/about
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- People with disabilities
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- Overseas communities or charities
- General community in Australia
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
Total employee expenses: $94,807,000 (59% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $127,945.
Revenue vs Expenses
Murdoch Children's Research Institute has seen an average annual growth of 9% in revenue versus a 9% p.a. increase in expenses.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Murdoch Children's Research Institute has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.44. This is considered slightly riskier than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Steven Casper
- Sarah Murdoch
- OtherPossibly also represents: Australian Capital Territory Council Of Social Service Inc.
- Paul Rayner
- Jane Gunn
- DirectorAlso represents: The Florey Institute Of Neuroscience And Mental Health.Possibly also represents: Eastern Melbourne Healthcare Network Ltd, The Walter And Eliza Hall Institute Of Medical Research.
- Andrew Wilson
- DirectorPossibly also represents: The Knox School Limited, Ccc Carlingford Foundation Ltd, Apollo Bay Rsl, CCC Carlingford Trust Fund, The Trustee For Ccc Carlingford Religious Education Fund, Breakthrough Community Services, The Trustee For Ccc Carlingford Benevolent Fund, The Trustee For The Adil Foundation, North East Tasmania Land Trust Inc, Victorian Scottish Heritage Cultural Foundation Limited, The Trustee For Trinity College Foundation, Salt Charitable Trust, The Port Campbell Surf Life Saving Club Incorporated, Anglican Trusts Corporation Of The Diocese Of Gippsland, Reachout Australia, Truth For Life Ministries, Christian City Church Carlingford Ltd, WEIGHT ISSUES NETWORK LIMITED, St Augustines College Parents And Friends Association, St Augustine's College Sydney, THE TRUSTEE FOR ST AUGUSTINE'S COLLEGE ANCILLARY FUND, Australia China Health Accelerator Limited, Scotch College, The Trustee For The Scotch College Museum Trust.
- Simon Rothery
- Brandon Carp
- Miffany Blythe
- Dominic Stevens
- Kathryn North
- DirectorAlso represents: Australian Genomic Cancer Medicine Centre Limited, Victorian Clinical Genetics Services Limited, Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences Limited.Possibly also represents: Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre Ltd, Association Of Australian Medical Research Institutes Limited.
- Robert Knowles
- DirectorAlso represents: Silver Chain Group Limited, The Trustee For The Royal Children's Hospital Foundation No. 2 Trust, Royal District Nursing Service of SA Limited, Silver Chain Foundation, Beyond Blue Limited.
- Johannes Prins
- Patrick Houlihan
- ChairpersonAlso represents: St Marys College.
Victorian Clinical Genetics Services Limited
1. The provision of genetic testing, diagnostic and support and counselling services to thousands of families in Australia. 2. Research and developmen…
Spiritual Health Association Limited
We worked with health services and faith communities to ensure spiritual care services are available to all people as part of person-centred health ca…
Calvary Health Care Act Limited
Our purpose is the maintenance/enhancement of the overall quality of life, dignity and well-being of every individual needing care, particularly at th…
Community Services 1
Community Service #1 (CS#1) is a community based not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the Canberra community for over 35 years. We manage…
Baker Heart And Diabetes Institute
Baker pursues its charitable purpose through the conduct of research into chronic disease at all levels, including cellular and molecular biology, cli…
Health Care Consumers Assoc Of The A.C.T. Incorporated
We were able to improve the safety and quality of health services in the following ways: - Supporting consumer representatives to participate in heal…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Operating States
- Operating Countries
- Afghanistan, Brazil, Canada, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gambia, India, Indonesia, Malawi, Mongolia, Mozambique, Netherlands, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Spain, Lao People's Democratic Republic, United Kingdom, United States
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Health Promotion Charity
- Latest Social
- Tweets by MCRI_for_kids
- children, health, research, health care, child, care, vic, medicine, population health, delivery, parkville