Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation Ltd
Also known as “headspace”, Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation Ltd is a large-scale charity established in 2009. Their main activity is registered as mental health and crisis intervention primarily serving youth - 15 to under 25.
headspace provides tailored and holistic mental health support to 12-25 year olds. With a focus on early intervention, we work with young people to provide support at a crucial time in their lives to help get them back on track and strengthen their ability to manage their mental health in the future. At the heart of our services is ensuring we meet the evolving and unique needs of young people and those who support them. Young people are at the centre of everything we do and they play an active role in designing, developing and evaluating our programs. In the reporting period key activities headspace delivered included: national leadership and support services to the headspace network of 102 headspace centres - enabling 88,500 young people to access a headspace centre, providing over 382,000 services; eheadspace online and telephone support nationally to over 33,000 young people; support to school communities impacted by suicide through our headspace in Schools team. During the year the headspace in Schools team also became the service delivery partner for beyondblue to deliver the Be You national education initiative, providing mental health literacy training and support to primary and secondary schools; vocational support services to over 400 young people through the headspace Digital Work and Study service and supporting mentoring services; telehealth services enabling access to psychiatrists for young people in regional and rural areas across Australia; direct operation of headspace Adelaide and co-located headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program.
Who They Help
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Youth - 15 to under 25
Total employee expenses: $25,169,477 (72% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $93,916.
Revenue vs Expenses
Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation Ltd has seen an average annual decline of -13% in revenue versus a 2% p.a. increase in expenses. This imbalance can sometimes mean a challenge for long-term financial management.
Grants given out in 2018 for use within Australia: $424,101
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2018, Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation Ltd has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.66. This is considered slightly riskier than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Katina Law
- DirectorAlso represents: K FARMER DUTJAHN FOUNDATION LIMITED.
- Mitanis George
- Public Officer
- Robbie Sefton
- Patrick Mcgorry
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Orygen.
- Lisa Paul
- DirectorAlso represents: FUTURE BATTERY INDUSTRIES CRC LIMITED, The Trustee For Australian American Education Leadership Foundation, High Resolves.Possibly also represents: Bond University Limited.
- Annette Carruthers
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Lcm Calvary Health Care Holdings Limited, Calvary Health Care Bethlehem Limited, Calvary Health Care Adelaide Limited, Calvary Health Care Sydney Limited, Calvary Bruce Private Hospital Limited, Calvary Mary MacKillop Care SA Limited, Little Company Of Mary Health Care Limited, Calvary Health Care Act Limited, Calvary Private Health Care Canberra Limited, Calvary Health Care Riverina Limited, Calvary Retirement Communities Limited, Calvary Retirement Community Ryde Limited, Calvary Home Care Services Limited, Calvary Retirement Community Canberra Limited, Calvary Health Care Tasmania Limited, Calvary Health Care (Newcastle) Limited.
- Annette Murphy Cruise
- John Harvey
Polio Australia Incorporated
As Australia's sole national peak organisation for polio survivors, we promote enhanced knowledge and management of the Late Effects of Polio acr…
Personal Injury Education Foundation Limited
PIEF's purpose is to strengthen personal injury & disability management industry capability to deliver social and economic value and community ou…
Spiritual Health Association Limited
We worked with health services and faith communities to ensure spiritual care services are available to all people as part of person-centred health ca…
La Trobe Lifeskills Recreation And Work Inc
La Trobe Lifeskills Recreation and Work Inc. provided support and education to people with disability within the North East Melbourne and the Loddon M…
PANDA - Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia Inc
PANDA provides vital services across Australia by offering the only specialised national perinatal mental health telephone counselling service, as wel…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
L 2 485 La Trobe St
- Operating States
- VIC TAS NSW QLD WA SA ACT NT
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Health Promotion Charity
03 9027 0100
- Latest Social
- Tweets by headspace_aus
- health, literacy, education, melbourne, mental health, mentoring, vic, headspace, beyondblue